Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Tricky chart design question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
waely
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote waely Replybullet Topic: Tricky chart design question
     Posted: 20 May 2009 at 2:21pm
Hi,
I have a set of data that I'm trying to graph using stacked bars and line in the same time. the data consists of project name, demand, capacity and period
 
my problem is I can't graph the capacity as stacked bar values with the demand as line graph together.
 
it's a little bit hard to explain but I'll do my best. 
 
the stacked bar is my different projects Y is the total of my projects capacity and the X axis is the periods. I want to add a line (overlay graph) for the demand so I have a coumn representing capacity and a line graph representing demand on the same chart. it would be nice if I can upload a snapshot of what I want it to took like but I can't attach images.
 
any help is appreciated.
thanks
 
 


Edited by waely - 20 May 2009 at 2:22pm
IP IP Logged
Dan3D
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2009 at 9:30pm
This should be doable. Start by creating your stacked-bar chart. Include the series/data that you want to become a line. After the chart draws, click on the riser that you want to convert into a line and right-click-menu "Series Options...". In that dialog, set to render as a LINE.
 
-Dan
IP IP Logged
waely
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote waely Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:39am
Dan,
as I said it's a little bit hard to explain. your method will not work. here is a sample of my data and what it should look like.
 
since I can't attach files I uploaded the image to my personal website.
 
 
 
thank you for your help.
IP IP Logged
Dan3D
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:59am

It looks like you want to add a horizontal user-line. If the value of this line is known and static, then you can set it in the CR Designer by right-clicking on a y-axis label and bringing up the grid/scale dialog and then go to the last tab on the right. Here you can type in the value of a single user-line.

 
If you need dynamic user-lines, or multiple user-lines, you might want to look at our CRChart add-in product, which has superior support for this kind of stuff (see the @Y, @YSZ, @YSZN macros).
 
-Dan
 
disclaimer: I work for the company, threedgraphics.com, that makes CRChart. This product costs money.
IP IP Logged
waely
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote waely Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2009 at 11:32am
Dan,
all my information are dynamic. I used to use very simple reporting tool that had an option for displaying overlay graph and it's as simple as one click and choose which field I want to use..... very surprised that Crystal doesn't support that.
 
thanks again
IP IP Logged
Man5ell
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Man5ell Replybullet Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 9:46am
I have a similar problem waely,
 
What simple reporting tool did you use in the end?
 
I'm worried that i am restricted to Crystal and it will not be achievable!
 
Thanks
 
Steve
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum