Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Inserting Data with Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Topic: Inserting Data with Crystal
     Posted: 18 May 2009 at 2:11am
Is it possible for me to insert data using a report?

I was figuring on a subreport with an INSERT sql command in it..

Is this possible and idf so - some pointers please.

Thanks

DC
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:05am
Crystal is a reader.  It might be possible, but I would be highly doubtful.  Why would you want the report messing with your data (this makes your reports non-reproducable, which means you never know what is right as you can't recreate it or you are doing extra work inserting bogus rows)
 
If the report is being run from an app, let the app take care of the updating/inserting.
 
and while I might be wrong, I have a feeling that you won't be able to perform an insert from crystal.
IP IP Logged
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:09am
I know what you're saying...

However, there are dissparities between my Crystal preview, and how the output looks from execution via our app as well as the crystal preview being far far far quicker.
I was looking to put in some timing as I have no control over the app. :(
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum