Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab issue [Resolved] Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cajsoft
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote cajsoft Replybullet Topic: Crosstab issue [Resolved]
     Posted: 18 May 2009 at 1:23am
Hi,
I will try to explain this as best as I can.

I have a report grouped by EMPLOYEE NUMBER.  most of the time each group will only show one record but on occassion 2 records may appear.. This is correct due to the SQL I am using.. however, I have created a crosstab and need sumarize a column (FTE - integer value) to the summary..  I only want the crosstab SUM this value once per employee number.. I cant get this to work..

data structure:
EMPLOY_NO, NAME,ADDRESS,FTE, JOB REF

ie here is some data GROUPED as per report layout

EMPLOY - 326991
Joe Blogs, 1 any street, 1.0, 12321
EMPLOY - 325531
John Doe, 2 another street, 0.5, 15555
John Doe, 2 another street, 0.5, 14334


As you can see John doe has 2 records, I need to show this on the report, but the crosstab would sum this employee twice.. ie, FTE would be sumarized as 1.0 instead of 0.5.

I've tried using variables but crosstab dont like sumarizing variables.

can anyone help..

thanks



Edited by cajsoft - 18 May 2009 at 3:16am
IP IP Logged
AntDC
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Quote AntDC Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2009 at 2:38am
If you omit the Job Ref then you won't have the problem.

Or

use the AVERAGE instead of SUM and as long as FTE is the same , it should do what you want.l

HTH

DC
IP IP Logged
cajsoft
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Feb 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote cajsoft Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2009 at 3:16am
Thanks for your reply, but I've solved it by using the Next function.

Craig.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum