Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Variable Question Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sgodbout
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote sgodbout Replybullet Topic: Variable Question
     Posted: 28 Apr 2007 at 10:56am
Hello guru's,
 
I have a crystal report that has the following information:
Group
Actual Expenditures (from one table)
Budgeted Expenditures (from another table).
Available Amount (Budgeted - Actual)
End Group - Total for the above three.
 
The problem I have is that there may be actual expenditures for something that there is no budget for and there may be no expenditures for a budgetted item. 
 
In order to get the information I needed, I had to set up a Left-Outerjoin between the Budget Table and the actual transactions.
 
The problem is in the case there are no actual transactions, I don't get anything back (as expected) and I would like to change or set it to 0.  It is also effecting the Avaliable amount (nothing - budget is giving me nothing.
 
I have just started back on Crystal after many years away and I know that I am missing something simple
 
Thanks in advance for all your help.
 
SCG
Stephane Godbout
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2007 at 11:54am
There is a report option that tells Crystal Reports to return zero for null values.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum