Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Prompt Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
asc11
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote asc11 Replybullet Topic: Suppress Prompt
     Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 3:32am
I am developing a report in Crystal Reports XI using a stored procedure from a SQL Server 2005 database. The sp has a parameter. I want to limit the values a user can use for this prompt. I have edited the auto-generated parameter field to specify this list of values.

The problem is: when I run the report, it prompts twice for the parameter. Once with a simple text box and once with a combo box with my list of values. Thankfully, the sp is using the value passed from the combo box and ignoring the value in the text box. But I don't want to be prompted twice. How do I suppress the first prompt?

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 7:51am
Did you add the parameter manually and then CR added a parameter based on the SP? Sounds like somehow you have two parameters with similar names in your report.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
asc11
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote asc11 Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2007 at 7:23pm
No. I added the SP through the Database Expert and CR added the parameter automatically. I then edited the parameter to use a list of values. I haven't manually added a parameter, just changed the one that was already there.
IP IP Logged
jjefimovs
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Location: Latvia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote jjefimovs Replybullet Posted: 12 Aug 2008 at 1:25am
Hi there,
I have the same problem... Anyone know the reason why we have the same arguments prompted twice? I'm stuck! Dead
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum