Sorry to be less than clear; I don't think I'm summarizing on a numeric field, but on a specific group subtotal.
My file consists of sales transactions, which are invoices with fields such as: date, item #, item class, customer, qty, revenue, cost, etc. I am hiding the actual transactions in the detail section. I have three groups, the first subtotals quantity, revenue and cost based on the item class, the second subtotals (qty, rev, cost) based on the state in the customer's address file within each item class, and the third subtotals (qty, rev, cost) on the fiscal year within each state. The fiscal year is a formula field that first separates the year and month from the date field ({year}, {month}, then determines the fiscal year with an if/then/else that creates a fiscal year field, upon which the 3rd group subtotals. I would like to have a totaling of each fiscal year in the report footer, with no regard to the item class or state.
Is your answer the same?
Thanks,
Donnie