Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Collapse Unneeded Items Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ChiBlackhawks
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote ChiBlackhawks Replybullet Topic: Collapse Unneeded Items
     Posted: 05 May 2009 at 12:19pm
I would like to have a TOTALS column appear immediately to the right of the last inning runs information and the number of innings is variable. It would be the same as runs scored in different innings in a baseball game. Typically there would be 9 innings, but if the game is tied, of course there could be many innings and the very last column would be the total final score.
So, I want the ability to have runs scored columns for both teams for a 10th, 11th, 12th, etc. inning and then immediately to the right of the last inning played, have the TOTALS column. Typically it would be immediately to the right of the 9th inning.
Thank you VERY much for your help!

PS: I'm using XI, if that's important.

Edited by ChiBlackhawks - 05 May 2009 at 12:26pm
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2009 at 3:48pm
I believe you can add a Running total summing the numeric field of your choice. Place it on the detail section and conditionally suppress it as not onlastrecord.
IP IP Logged
ChiBlackhawks
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote ChiBlackhawks Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2009 at 8:18am
Thank you for your answer, but I don't think that will accomplish what I want to do here.
I will try to explain it in a different way.
Let's say my report consists of one line that will have from 2 to 6 columns depending on the data and after the last column I need a totals column. Getting the total amount is not my problem. My problem is how to make the individual columns disappear if I don't need them and have the totals column appear immediately to the right of the last needed column. In other words, have the totals column "slide" to the left to be adjacent the last individual column that was displayed. So it may appear as:
A     B     C     D     E     F     TOTAL
2      1     4     0     1     1      9

Or it may appear as:

A     B     C     TOTAL
1      0     2      3

Thank you!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2009 at 8:29am
YOu can conditionally set the x placement of the total field.
Right click on the field and select soemthing like "x-y placement" (don't have crystal in front of me to look at the actual name). There is a conditaonl placement option for the x value.
if you can come up with a logical formula that meets your needs you can put that logic in there to move the field left to right conditionally.
IP IP Logged
ChiBlackhawks
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote ChiBlackhawks Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:39am
I don't want to get too excited about this, but i think I can get this to work.
Just a note for anyone who may also need to do this, when attempting to change the X position of a field by using formulas, CR uses the measurement unit, Twips. There are 1,440 Twips in an inch. So, in your formulas.......
If Fieldx > 5 Then
formula = 3500
End If
Positive numbers to move your field to the right and negative numbers to move it to the left from it's original position.

THANK YOU DBlank!!!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum