Topic: Slow Refresh when Linking Posted: 04 May 2009 at 7:41am
I have two databases with about 32,000 records each. If I display one field from either database into my report it loads almost instantly. However, if I choose to display one field from each report, my preview screen updates at about 6 records per second. I'm using the standard linking options. Is there anything I can do to make this run faster?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:53am
Because these are both file-based databases, the join logic, filtering, etc. is all handled by Crystal itself. This means that Crystal has to go through all 64 K records (32K per file) and figure out how they match up. There is no way to speed up this process in the form that you have. You might be able to load the Excel spreadsheet into a table in the same Access database as the rest of your data which would probably speed things up.
Good Call! Importing external data was a piece of cake in Access so I was able to have all of my records in one database. Loading the entire table takes maybe a couple of seconds now
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum