Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Fill report with dummy data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bayman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote bayman Replybullet Topic: Fill report with dummy data
     Posted: 04 May 2009 at 8:04pm
I have a requirement to print 10 records per page...even the final page if the number of records to print isn't divisible by 10.  For example, if I have report detailing Name and Address, and have 51 records, I'll need to include 9 records at the end that say 'Dummy Name' and 'Dummy Address'.  Is there a way to do this?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2009 at 6:26am
It would seem that there should be a way, but I have never had this requirement.
 
The big question is how tell how many records there are...I have never tried to find this out.  Without thinking too hard, I would create a counter and for ever detail increment it (there is probably an easier way, but this off the top of my head)
 
I would add a detail section and it would have a formula in it and I would conditionally suppress it (not OnLastRecord).  The formula would look at the counter or recordcount mod 10 and would loop creating lines with dummy record criteria.  It would probably need have the crlf added to the line.
 
Well, this is what I would try.  Hope it points you towards a solution.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum