Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Need help with multipage sub reports... Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
skeith5
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote skeith5 Replybullet Topic: Need help with multipage sub reports...
     Posted: 01 May 2009 at 3:28pm
Our company checks will be generated by a crystal report. There are 3 sections that ALWAYS have to be the same size. Sections 1 and 2 show the check detail and section 3 is the check itself. (no I won't e-mail out examples...)
 
The check detail is a sub report that I've put in 2 group headers. The group headers are based off of the check number because more than one check could be generated at one time. (up to 300 checks...) If there is more detail then will fit in one 3 1/2 section of the page I need the report to generate another page and continue the subreport on that page, the check reprints but will say VOID on it.
 
I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to be working.  If I let the subreport grow then it pushes the section down. I've made the subreport give me a new page every 16 records which makes the sub report look exactly how I want it, but it won't display the extra pages...   Any ideas????  I'm on Crystal X
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2009 at 6:15am
Can you move the subreport out into the main report?
 
Think of Crystal as processing like a printer.  If the subreport says a new page, which I have never done, then the report should give a new page, but check won't say void, because Crystal is still in the subreport.  When Crystal exits the subreport, it will continue with the main report.
 
If you move the subreport into the main report, you might be able to control this behavior to a better extent, but as I think, probably not.
 
Is this on a preprinted form, or are you generating the check in the report? If this is on preprinted, I can't think of a way to control Crystal to print all of the details and the check be voided.  If Crystal is printing the check, it would seem that there should be a way to print your details, make a new page, reprint any header info and continue the details and print the check at the bottom...it would take work, but it all depends on how the check is printed.
 
 
IP IP Logged
skeith5
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 May 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote skeith5 Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2009 at 6:53am
I've gotten it figured out... The checks are pre-printed. I've got the check itself as the page footer. I've put in several group footers, 2 for every page that prints. After every 2nd group footer it creates a new page. The subreport is duplicated in every group footer and I've changed the subreports to start at different records. For instance GF3 and GF4 which would be on page 2 hides all detail where recordnumber <16. The sub report is set to not grow and 15 details will fit on each page.  GF5 and GF6 hides all detail where recordnumber < 31. etc... On the main report I supress the GF depending on how many record number there are. If there are 13 details then pages 2 and greater will be supressed and only page 1 prints. I have the reset page number turned on every other GF but will reset based on the number of recordnumbers. If there are 25 details then the page number will reset after GF4, page 2. We print large batches of checks and they don't want to enter in the check numbers manually. The only problem I'm running into, which is more of a nusiance is we have some checks that will have 15 pages of details, so I need to make a lot of group footers.  I probably could have made it a little easier by just making 1 group footer per page.  Hope that explains it, it does work pretty well.
 
Scott
IP IP Logged
crystalsupport
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote crystalsupport Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2009 at 1:12am
Hi,
 
The check detail subreport should be put in the details section. In the Section expert window for the Group header sections check the New Page Before or New Page Before as per your requirement in the paging tab. This should allow each subreport to grow as needed.
 

Hope this is of help for u………

Regards,

Crystal Support Team
Reporting House Inc.
http://www.reportinghouse.com

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum