Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Column Selection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lw00
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote lw00 Replybullet Topic: Column Selection
     Posted: 03 May 2009 at 9:53pm
I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem.

Let's say I have 2 tables (table1, table2) each with 2 columns (column1, column2). The rows in table1/column2 match those in table2/column1. I want to display to the user the rows in table1/column1, but have CR match table1/column2 with the entries in table2/column1. For instance:

Table1:                     Table2:

first        | 1               1 | fourth
second   | 2               2 | fifth
third       | 3               3 | sixth

So I want the user to select either 'first', 'second' or 'third'. But then I want to match '1', '2', or '3' in table 1 column 2 with '1', '2', or '3' in table2/column1. And then display 'fourth', 'fifth' or 'sixth'.

So if the user chooses, 'first', i would display 'fourth'.

Any help is appreciated.

LW . . . Lawrence

Edited by lw00 - 03 May 2009 at 9:56pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2009 at 6:40am
you will need to join the tables, then just select the columns that you want to display.
 
select both tables for your report and when it comes to linking them, select the columns that have the same value.
IP IP Logged
lw00
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote lw00 Replybullet Posted: 04 May 2009 at 7:34am
Thanks lockwelle. I'll try doing the join and see how that goes.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum