Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple User Lines.... Possible? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Topic: Multiple User Lines.... Possible?
     Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 11:30am
Hi again,
It's been awhile...
 
I'm using CRXI, and I'm trying to mark certain points on my graph i created.
 
Since we have a company-wide avg, and we have a company-wide avg goal. And then we we're showing how each individual compares to those marks... All on one bar-graph. I was wondering:
 
Using the custom "User Line" that you can add to the graph,
Is it possible to add multiple "User Lines"? I've been playing around with it and i can't find anything to do it...
 
Thanks...
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 12:12pm
I think you are limited to one user line per graph (a good suggestion for the "New Feature Request" section on the forum?).
Perhaps another solution would be to use the highlight expert for one or both benchmark criteria?
IP IP Logged
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 1:14pm

Yea, that's basically what i'm doing now...

I'm making the "goals" actually part of the graph, giving them their own

bar upon the graph... but i was hopeing to try and figure out a way for the multiple lines.... Oh well i suppose :(

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 1:26pm

I recently switched a pie chart to using a gauge with positive results. Your situation may not lend itself to that but just in case...

Obviously you need one gauge per worker. Easy enough by placing the gauge on the group header for a worker record. Pretty basic approach but seems to have a more visual impact and my less savvy end users seemed to actual get it without explanations. We had similar bench marks for requiring a percentage of a total amount. I added in 3 sections to the gauge for Red (0-55), Yellow (55-60) and green (60-100) when it was a 60 % benchmark requirement. It is very clear as to where you stand and how close to that precipase you are. You can play with this idea if it works for you. Not as clean to analyse worker to worker as in a bar chart but may be an idea for you as an addition to that.
Good luck.
IP IP Logged
Takesen
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 143
Quote Takesen Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 4:28pm
Hmm,
 
Thanks for the idea!
I don't think it's going to give the effect our people want for this report.
BUT, i have another report that that might just be just the thing i need.
I never really thought about something that before, ha. Seems simple enough tho! I like it.
 
Thanks! :)
 
Edit: removed my edit.... i figured out the edited in situation lol


Edited by Takesen - 29 Apr 2009 at 5:02pm
IP IP Logged
Dan3D
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2009 at 8:55pm
Just so you know, our CRChart add-in has really great support for User-defined lines. You can have up to 20 of them and have them include user-labels, formatted value AND have the lines themselves driven by fields or formulas from your data :-)
 
-Dan
 
disclaimer: I work for the company, threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum