Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Process subset of database Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
monkeymiles
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote monkeymiles Replybullet Topic: Process subset of database
     Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 6:26am
I have created a report which shows for a particular user how many cold calls she has made for a particular product, if this was successful she has sent a brochure and I have another section to show this. At this stage she schedules a call for one of our sales guys, he then calls and hopefully gets a meeting.

I can get a nice graph showing number of calls and brochures emailed, what I can't figure is then how do I show in the same report the number of apppointments for the sales guy for the companies that got sent brochures.

The other factors are I am identifing the calls and brochure sent by including all records that start with certain strings eg "xyz" and "abc", therefore when the meeting is booked this doesn't always have a set text starting it, therefore I don't think any of the apppointments are included in the subset I am processing, I guess I'd be happy with two seperate reports, but I can't figure how to only process a subset of the original database, ie the companies that have been sent brochures.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 11:44am
Can you post sample dat aof your problem area and how you would like to present it in the report?
IP IP Logged
monkeymiles
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote monkeymiles Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 12:17am
PM from DBlank

Sorry, this is tough without seeing the actual data...
from what I can gather at this point a couple of options come to mind.
It sounds like you are trying to use the same data from the table for 2 different things then see the overlap. You might try adding the same table twice and joining on company name. Use your filter on Table1 as one set of criteria and then the also filter the second table with your other criteria to find the overlap.
Or you might be able to use a sub-report.
You may want to go ahead nad post this all in the forum as others will be able to assist instead of just me. Don't worry about it unless you need to keep the data confidential in some way. In that case just fake in some stuff that you can alter in and coding you get back.
Hope this helps a bit.
IP IP Logged
monkeymiles
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote monkeymiles Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 12:18am
I use the following filter for the data initially

{@DNT} = {?Dates} and
{ContHist.USERID} = "SALLY" and
{ContHist.REF} startswith ["XYZ cold call", "XYZ Brochures"] and
{ContHist.RECTYPE} like ["C", "C U", "CC", "CC R", "CCU", "CI", "CO", "COU", "M", "MI", "MI P", "MI R", "MO", "MO  (", "MO P"]

This then gives me the history records which I can group by call and message type. So I have my stats for number of calls and number of brochures

I can run another report which shows which companies my sales guys have made appointments with.

So I have two separate reports and I can' figure how to link the two together.

Summary would be

IF USERID1 has sent message with title "XYZ Brochure" AND USERID2 has appointment with that company (might not be same contact) then print that company name.
IP IP Logged
monkeymiles
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote monkeymiles Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 12:22am
I didn't realise I could add a table twice, let me have a play with that. Could you post an example of the data would would expect to see, as I'm a little unsure (ignoring security) what you would need to see. I can then figure how to export this
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum