Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: sum per item with discount Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
shirase22
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Location: Philippines
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote shirase22 Replybullet Topic: sum per item with discount
     Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 2:32am
I have a report that has an output like this

Qty            Item ID            Item Description                          Amount
3             Item001              Computer                                   9000.00
                                           LESS 5%                                    -450.00
3             Item002              Office supplies                            100.00

                                                  TOTAL:                                8650.00

but i want to be in this way.

Qty            Item ID            Item Description                          Amount
3             Item001              Computer                                   9000.00
                                           LESS 5%                                    -450.00
                                                 
                                           TOTAL                                         8550.00

3             Item002              Office supplies                            100.00

                                                  TOTAL:                                8650.00



can this be done in crystal reports?any help would be appreciated.
thanks a lot.



Practice makes perfect
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:17am
If your less 5% row has the Item001 in it you can group on ITEM# then place a running total SUmming the Amount and place it on groupfooter1 and never reset it.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 7:19am
it appears that you want a blank line between entries with the same item ID.
 
what I would do is create an additiondetail section, that is blank, and I would suppress the whole section unless the item ID changed.  You can check the if the id has changed in a couple of ways...I usually use a variable, but I have seen, and it would probably be cleaner using a 'next' or 'previous' to compare with the next or prior record.
 
What I am getting at is a blank line that is displayed occasionally so that the spacing is what you want.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum