| Author |
Message |
psrs0810
Newbie
Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
|

Topic: Pulling a Range of info Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 8:57am |
I have a report that I want to extract a range of data.
The data is in {ADS_2010_BUDGET.ACCOUNTS_ID}
I am trying to pull accounts 61000 thru 99999.
What do I have to input to pull that range?
Thank you
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 9:04am |
numeric field:
{ADS_2010_BUDGET.ACCOUNTS_ID} in 61000 to 99999
or text field:
tonumber({ADS_2010_BUDGET.ACCOUNTS_ID}) in 61000 to 99999
|
IP Logged |
|
psrs0810
Newbie
Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 9:56am |
{ADS_2010_BUDGET.Account_ID} in "061000 0000" to "085040 0000" worked, but it is returning with a True or False responce. I am trying to pull a specific range of info from all departments.
Any thoughts? Edited by psrs0810 - 22 Apr 2009 at 9:58am
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:11am |
Are you making a formula field or using this in your select statement?
A formula field will return a T/ F but in the select statement it will only select items that = true.
You can also trim to the left 6 characters and convert to numbers to make sure this is getting the actual range you want:
tonumber(Left({ADS_2010_BUDGET.Account_ID},6)) in 61000 to 99999
|
IP Logged |
|
psrs0810
Newbie
Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:14am |
I only what the items that are true. I have a the departments and with in those departments I only what accounts 61000 to 99999
Thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:20am |
place either your formula
{ADS_2010_BUDGET.Account_ID} in "061000 0000" to "085040 0000"
or mine tonumber(Left({ADS_2010_BUDGET.Account_ID},6)) in 61000 to 99999
into your select statement (click on the hand grabbing the red ball to access this).
You do not need a formula field to limit the records for this instance, just the select statement.
|
IP Logged |
|
psrs0810
Newbie
Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:31am |
I placed my formula into the select expert and it auto matically changed it to ADS_2010_Budget.Account_ID is between 061000 0000
085040 0000, but when I preview it is says "Failed to open rowset"
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:47am |
Between uses numeric so it would choke on it.
Did you try my other one to convert to numeric? It grabs the first 6 characters on the left, converts it to a number and then looks for those values between the 61,000 and 99,000 range...
|
IP Logged |
|
psrs0810
Newbie
Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:55am |
I think the reason it is not working is IT is doing some maintainence, so the system is down.
I'll try again soon, thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
psrs0810
Newbie
Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
|

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 11:14am |
|
That worked, thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|