Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Pulling a Range of info Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
psrs0810
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote psrs0810 Replybullet Topic: Pulling a Range of info
     Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 8:57am
I have a report that I want to extract a range of data. 
 
The data is in {ADS_2010_BUDGET.ACCOUNTS_ID}
 
I am trying to pull accounts 61000 thru 99999.
 
What do I have to input to pull that range?
Thank you
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 9:04am
numeric field:
{ADS_2010_BUDGET.ACCOUNTS_ID} in 61000 to 99999
or text field:
tonumber({ADS_2010_BUDGET.ACCOUNTS_ID}) in 61000 to 99999
IP IP Logged
psrs0810
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote psrs0810 Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 9:56am

{ADS_2010_BUDGET.Account_ID} in "061000 0000" to "085040 0000" worked, but it is returning with a True or False responce.  I am trying to pull a specific range of info from all departments. 

Any thoughts?

Edited by psrs0810 - 22 Apr 2009 at 9:58am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:11am
Are you making a formula field or using this in your select statement?
A formula field will return a T/ F but in the select statement it will only select items that = true.
You can also trim to the left 6 characters and convert to numbers to make sure this is getting the actual range you want:
tonumber(Left({ADS_2010_BUDGET.Account_ID},6)) in 61000 to 99999
IP IP Logged
psrs0810
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote psrs0810 Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:14am
I only what the items that are true.  I have a the departments and with in those departments I only what accounts 61000 to 99999
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:20am
place either your formula
{ADS_2010_BUDGET.Account_ID} in "061000 0000" to "085040 0000"
or mine 
tonumber(Left({ADS_2010_BUDGET.Account_ID},6)) in 61000 to 99999
into your select statement (click on the hand grabbing the red ball to access this).
You do not need a formula field to limit the records for this instance, just the select statement.
IP IP Logged
psrs0810
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote psrs0810 Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:31am
I placed my formula into the select expert and it auto matically changed it to ADS_2010_Budget.Account_ID  is between 061000 0000 
085040 0000, but when I preview it is says "Failed to open rowset"
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:47am
Between uses numeric so it would choke on it.
Did you try my other one to convert to numeric? It grabs the first 6 characters on the left, converts it to a number and then looks for those values between the 61,000 and 99,000 range...
IP IP Logged
psrs0810
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote psrs0810 Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:55am
I think the reason it is not working is IT is doing some maintainence, so the system is down.
I'll try again soon, thanks
IP IP Logged
psrs0810
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote psrs0810 Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 11:14am
That worked, thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum