Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Put text in text object from a formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cirvine2
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote cirvine2 Replybullet Topic: Put text in text object from a formula
     Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 12:42am
Hi,
I have a formula in the detail section, this formula evaluates one field if the Table.Field = "c", I want to put some text in a text object or in other formula (both of them in the group footer section).
I have tried to use global variables, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it doesn't work.
Can I assign text to a text object from a formula?.
Can I assign text to a formula from other formula?
Can I modify the background color of a text object from a formula?
Can I modify the background color of a formula from a different formula?
If yes for all these, can be made from different sections. (The formula with the code to modify text and background is in Detail section and Objects to be modified are in Footer section).
PLEASE somebody answer!!!
cc



Edited by cirvine2 - 19 Apr 2009 at 12:44am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 4:42am
Yes to all. If you explain what you need someone can assist you with each part of it.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 6:32am
Where you might be having problems...Crystal as far as variables is case sensitive.  Also, if you formula is toggling a switch on and off, if the first record sets it on, and you are expecting your footer to do something, and the second record toggles it off...should the footer still do something or should it ignore.
 
Just something to think about.  Try starting with a simple formula and place it in your details section...if Table.field="c" then true else false, and build from there.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 6:42am
Also, if you are not using a variable and trying to change a adjust an item in formula in a footer it is only going to show you an evaulation of the first record unless you are using a summary function for the evaulation portion.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum