Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Grouping Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
SILENUS
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote SILENUS Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Grouping
     Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:57am
I have a report that has the following grouping:
 
Year
  Month
    Week
       Day
 
The report then asks the user what they want to see.  For instance if they chose just Year/Week/Day. The report will display like this:
 
Year
  Week
     Day
 
The problem I'm running into is having the report group by just the week.  What's happening is that the Month grouping is always taking precedence and so at the end of the month the weeks get cut up if they fall between both months.  Is there a way to eliminate the month grouping depending on the selection of the user? 
IP IP Logged
SILENUS
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote SILENUS Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 11:56am

I think I have this figured out.  I just need to change the formulas I have pointed to each of my groups to change their grouping field depending on the selection of the user.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum