Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Question about Sub-reports Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
Crystal_forum
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote Crystal_forum Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 8:32am

Hi,

I successfully created the required report and sub-report.
As you suggested ,
 
"For each of your subreports go to the Section Expert and for each section click on the formula button to the right of "Suppress".  In the formula put "IsNull({table.key_field})" using some key field from the table for the subreport.  This will suppress all of the sections if there is no data.  So, you'll have a blank subreport and the section on the main report will also suppress. "
 
I used the above but what I am experiencing is, its supressing the sub-report completely as expected but still getting the blank sheet with header and footer from the main report.
Supress Blank Section property is also not helping to prevent this.
Please suggest.
 
Thanks....
 
 
 
Cheers
Raj
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 9:09am
Are you doing "New Page After" on the section previous to the sub-report?  If so, you'll need to enter a formula for it that is the same as the suppression for formula for the next section.  This will suppress the page break.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Crystal_forum
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote Crystal_forum Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 11:54am
I am using "Suppress (No Drill-Down) on all subreports with field validatiion. This is the reason the sub report is not getting printed.
Now on main report, I am using New Page After and Suppress Blank Section properties without any formula.
If I try to add any formula with the fields from sub-report its giving an error.
 
On my main report, I do have one sub reports on Page Header, and page footer. This is the reason I am getting a blank sheet with these 2 printed without sub-report when there is no data in that sub-report.
 
Hope this details my issue.
 
thx
 
 
 
 
 
Cheers
Raj
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum