Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Mailing Labels Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Macchunky
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Macchunky Replybullet Topic: Mailing Labels
     Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 8:28am
Hi, I am using the mailing labels to print out waybills. I need to print multiple labels for single customers. Ie if I invoice out 3 unit of X I need 3 x labels. I could just print copies in the print dialog but this is not very efficient. Does anybody know how I could get the qty invoiced to directly relate to the labels I need to print.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 6:57am

you need to create duplicate records in the recordset.  Crystal reports once per row of data.  if you want 3 labels, you need 3 rows of data.  A store proc can create the multiple rows.  If you needed a preset number, you could do a self join, but if you need variable number, a stored proc is the way to go.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum