Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Crystal Reports XI with Subreports Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 11:08pm
I have main report with subreports. The subreports have common fields with the main report. Links have been made on those common fields. Share string variables have been created and information can be passed to the main report from the subreports. However, there is one field that is not common between the main report and subreport. This field is common between the subreports. How can I accurately pass this field in a variable to the main report?
you will have to create a shared variable in the subreport and then pass it to the main report and from the main report then pass it to the second subreport.just make sure that the subreport where you will create the variable should be in a different section then the subreport you need to pass the data too.I have actuatlly done this is my reports and it works fine!.This is how we link two subreports and create nesting
Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 6:29am
I have created a shared string variable in the subreport. I have this subreport above the main report and above the other subreport. I have the shared variable in the second subreport and no data is returned. There are 20,000 of data (text). Suggestions.
Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 7:25am
When linking the shared variable from the second subreport to the main report, I am receiving an error: The formula cannot be used because it must be evaluated later. Suggestions..
how are you linking the subreport to you main reports are you passing the variable in the query as a parameter.also please place the initiating variable in some section of the first subreport .u can suprees it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum