Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreport returns last data in list Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Gary J
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote Gary J Replybullet Topic: Subreport returns last data in list
     Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 8:01pm
I have a main report with 3 subreports.  I am trying to share the same data for comparison between 2 of the subreports.  Variables have been created and data is passing from 1 subreport to the other.  However, the data being returned is last data in the 1st subreport list.   Suggestions.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 6:18am
I'm not sure, and I am sure someone will help out, but Crystal processes each subreport in its entirety before moving on to the next subreport or data line in the main report, so I don't think that you can share variables for detail lines in a subreport with other reports...only the last one.
 
Depending on what is being done, you could build a string of values and pass them around, but this is probably not as dynamic as you want.
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum