Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: group using a parameter Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vandersee
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote vandersee Replybullet Topic: group using a parameter
     Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 9:39pm

I would appreciate some help in creating a report that uses a parameter to determine what goes in a group.

I have no trouble with grouping so that one or more set field entries go into one group (Group A) and everything else goes into another group (Other), but what if I want to allow users to determine what goes into Group A based on a parameter selection. 
 
For example, we sell parts which are all grouped into a number of different franchises.  I've written the report so that all parts from two of these franchises go into Group A and all other parts go into Other.  How can I use a parameter to allow the report user to select which franchise(s) go into Group A, leaving all the rest to go into Other?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 7:11am
Create a parameter allowing for the selection of the item(s) you want.
Create a formula to change the data for the grouping you want:
if {table.franchise}={?parameter} then "Group A" else "Other Group"
add a group on the above formula field.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum