Joined: 21 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Topic: Crystal Reports XI using VS 2008 Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:28pm
I have Visual Studio 2008 Installed on my machine along with
Crystal Reports XI. I have created a report in XI and use it in my asp.net application, but my assemblies in VS point to 10.5.3700.0 (Crystal for VS 2008) and all my references point to 10.5.3700.0 as well.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 2:47pm
Did you install VS before or after Crystal? Which version of Crystal do you have?
I'm not absolutely certain, but I think you need to have the Developer version of Crystal to get the VS integration. Also, Crystal has to be installed AFTER VS. If it was installed before VS, you may be able to do a "Repair" install from Add/Remove Programs in the control panel in order to get Crystal to register with VS.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 2:24pm
To reiterate what I said in my response to your PM so that others can find this info, when I made response above I had forgotten that Crystal XI will NOT integrate with VS 2008. Crystal 2008 will integrate with VS 2008 but SAP has no plans to have XI do so. Grrrr!
However, if your XI reports don't use any features from XI that were not in 10.5, they should run correctly.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum