Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Selection criteria Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
snapper
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote snapper Replybullet Topic: Selection criteria
     Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:14pm
So ..I'am trying to select specific data  based on the "Type" and "Item" Fields in the selection criteria.
Basically I want to remove a ticket if Item= "Purchase" and Type ="PDA".
I still want other tickets which have Type="PDA" and Item = "Purchase" seperatley.
I just dont want the combination of Type="PDA" and Item ="Purchase"
 
For some reason I am able to remove "Purchase" and "PDA" tickets individually but I will also remove all the other combinations I want to keep (ex: [Type=PDA and Item=Sell ]or [Type=Office and Item=Purchase]).
 
I hope this makes sense guys...I think its easy but for some reason I am racking my brain on this.
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:27pm
Sounds like you used an OR statement instead of an AND statement...
 
If that was not the case can you post your select statment that did not work, are there mutliple tables and what kind of joins and do you have a primary key?


Edited by DBlank - 31 Mar 2009 at 4:08pm
IP IP Logged
snapper
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote snapper Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 5:10pm
I used an "if" "and" statement in a formula to produce a true or false.
Then in the select expert I made the formula equal to "true" in which it will exclude and items where Type=PDA  Item =Purchase.
 
I tried "and" but that excluded all PDA and purchase tickets and an "or" gave me either or....the formula above is working for now...I just thought there was an easier way.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum