Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Schedule report on every Even hour of the day? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
fletch
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote fletch Replybullet Topic: Schedule report on every Even hour of the day?
     Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 5:21am
Hi all,
 
I've a report which I'm scheduling in InfoView which needs to be run on every 'Even' hour of the day, i.e. 00:00, 02:00 etc.
 
Previously the schedule was set up to run every 2 hours, but whenever the clock changes occur, it moves the job to every 'odd' hour, so the schedules need to be re-created.
 
Any ideas on how to do this - I don't believe it can be done using the exisiting Scheduling options, so am thinking I might need to setup an hourly schedule with some sort of event as to whether the report is run or not (dependent on which hour it is)?
 
Any help much appreciated.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:28pm
Unfortunately, events can't look at the time to determine whether or not to trigger.  However, I have a couple of thoughts.....
 
1.  Create a process that runs every hour.  On the even hours, this will create an empty file with a specific file name, on the odd hours it will delete the file.  This could be scheduled from with BOE or from the Windows Scheduler.
 
2.  In the CMC, create a file based event that looks for the existence of the file from step 1.
 
3.  Schedule your report to run every 2 hours, based on the event from step 2.
 
I haven't tested this, but I think it will work.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum