Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Very wide report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jonallen
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote jonallen Replybullet Topic: Very wide report
     Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 7:21am

I need to create a very wide report that far exceeds the acceptable printer width. This report will be approx 600 characters and needs to be output to a file.

Can someone please let me know how to achieve this?
 
Many thanks
 
J
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 8:55am
What type of output file?
I had a similar issue to export to an excel file.
I changed the layout to landscape for more real estate to work with.
Then I added each field and shrunk it to a minimal width, basically just a line on the screen.
It is horribly ugly when viewed but you can set the output process to expand the excel cells to the data width rather than the deign width.


Edited by DBlank - 31 Mar 2009 at 4:12pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum