Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Qns about Colored borders and Summary info Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
namitanamburi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote namitanamburi Replybullet Topic: Qns about Colored borders and Summary info
     Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 1:40pm
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 2:07pm
For question #1 are you sure this is all text borders? Could the last designer have put a line that was red on one side of the object?
I have not seen that nor do I know how to change the color for just one portion of the border of a field.
Check the Field Format Border tab and see if there is any conditional formating in the border color.
 
Not sure about question 2...
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 2:56pm
Sorry, just reread your post more carefully and noticed that you are indicating the red is in the designer view not report preview.
These are items that are anchored to a vertical or horizontal guideline. When you anchor an item to a guideline that side of the field will turn red too indicatre it has been anchored. Once anchored if you move the guidelines it will move the items that are also anchored to them.
IP IP Logged
namitanamburi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 39
Quote namitanamburi Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 3:13pm

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

At the moment I do not really know what is all about anchoring and guideline stuff in Crystal reports 10, though I have created a report and there are actually few fields that have red borders. Strange,,,,:) I have created something unknowingly .

Are they something that get automatically created while you are designing the report and aligning the fields.

I will read about them tonight and will let you know if I come across any doubts.

Once again thanks for quick response.

Do you want to suggest me anything that shall get me familiarised with Crystal reports 10 just the profession edition. Donot need Crystal Enterprise knowledge right now.

Thanks  in advance.


Namita



IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 6:35am
Occassionally I find that I have inadvertently added them also. Not sure why.
I recommend Brian's book which you can get from this site. It is very good from beginner to advanced use.
I also recommend just reading as many posts as you can and then making a few sandbox reports where you can try out the various things you read about. This can be a very good way to learn lots of things that will come in handy later on as well as you get comfortable with a number of things in the software.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum