Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Date Conversion Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
imatuck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote imatuck Replybullet Topic: Date Conversion
     Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 7:44am
I have a field in our database that is an integer based date field.  When I pull that field into crystal, the date appears as m/dd/yyyy.  I would like to convert this to a text string so it would appear as March 27, 2009.  However, because this is an integer field and not a date string, I do not have the option to use the Date and Time tab in the format editor to automatically format.  Instead I have to use some formula to convert to text.  So far I have not been able to figure out the correct formula for this.  Anyone else encounter the same issue?  Thanks for any suggestions.   Smile
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 8:04am
Note sure but did you try this:
totext(date({table.intergerdatefield}),"MMMM d, yyyy")
IP IP Logged
imatuck
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote imatuck Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 8:11am
That is it!  Thank you!  Big%20smile
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum