Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: increment number problem Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 7:25am
Hi All, I have a very simple problem... have tried to search in this forum but can't find... I want to create a sequence number that start from 0 for each records in details section and reset back to 0 again in every group... how should i write a formula to get the result? Last time i was managed to do this, but already few days trying this simple things still can't find the answer.. anyone can advise pls.. Thanks!! example:
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 6:31am
Wouldn't this cause the report to start at 1, not 0?
I would have used formula to set a shared variable to -1 in the group and then to increment by 1 in each detail line, but then again, I never use running totals...just gotten used to using formulas.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum