Joined: 06 Feb 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Topic: Balance Brought Forward Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 6:48am
Hi, I am writing a Customer Statement for a program called Sage X3.
The program does not support balance brought forward so I have to calculate it at report time.
What I basically did so far is: Created two detail sections. DETAIL(b) To show all transactons within 30 days and DETAIL(a) to show transactions older than 30 days.
Everything works great.
I would like to know how can I SubTotal all the Transactions in DETAIL(a) and only show the SubTotal before showing all the detailed Transactions in DETAIL(b). Is there a way to put a subtotal in a Detail section? to calculate only the transactions within that detail section?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 1:41pm
If I have to do something like that, it sounds like a subreport...Detail A becomes the subreport, so you can report back to the main via a shared variable or displayed. If you want to the number later on in the report, I would go the shared variable route.
Definitely sounds like a subreport, but someone else may have different approach.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum