Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formula for Checking data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jrs1234
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote jrs1234 Replybullet Topic: Formula for Checking data
     Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 6:21am
Hello,
 
here is my dilemma.
 
I have a table of employee Names (key is empid). And another table with test results (key is empid).
 
I have no problem displaying all the employees (using a group) and the detail houses theirs many test results.
 
When I want to do it SHOW only the employees that do not have a TST#1 test (though they could have many others).
 
I have tried several ways (group by testID) - but then I lose the employee. Any ideas ?
 
Thanks in advance,
Jenn
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 6:46am
You can create a formula field to "Flag" these employees then conditionally suppress the Header and details based on that flag.
Create a formula called "Flag":
if {table.testfield}="Test#1" then 1 else 0.
Now create a Sum of {@flag} for group footer1 (empid level).
Conditionally suppress each report section you do not want to appear if that sum>0
IP IP Logged
jrs1234
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Quote jrs1234 Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 8:34am
Thanks so much - it worked!
Jenn
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum