Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: array Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 10:55am
My input file has a field that contains an array, it looks like this
"$100 discount", "LCN8 Bookbundle", "3 for 4", " Manual", "$150 Memebership upgrade". I want to seperate each occurance and print each variable under a different column. I have tried several different things and can't get anything to work. When I try the 'unbound' it acts like the field is not an array.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 7:01am
I haven't used array too often, but if the number of array members is constant you should be able to create a number of formulas that look like:
arrayVariable[1]
which should print the value in the array.
I would have thought that Crystal would have treated the values as separate fields when it read in the file....hmmm....but I have never worked from input files, just tables and stored procs.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum