Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Changing stored procedure naming - Crystal Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
junallan
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 May 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote junallan Replybullet Topic: Changing stored procedure naming - Crystal Reports
     Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 2:26pm
Hi,
 
I created a number of reports whose data source are stored procedures.  However I will be changing the naming structure.  Is there an easy way to just rename the stored procedures?  Instead of having to copy and paste, redo each report 1 by 1?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 6:39am

I usually will add the new stored proc and then bring the fields in to the report.  I can use the Painter to format them alike and I can align and size them alike to 'old' report.  when all of the old fields are unchecked, you can remove the old stored proc. I have done this method several times, not fun, but less work than starting from scratch and everything tends to work the same.

But there may be another way.
 
I think that I have done this before, but it can leave the report a bit confused. I work with ADO.Net record sets, so I don't know if this work all time...go into the Database/Set Datasource Location.  If it is the same database, just drive down to the 'new' stored proc click on it.  click on the 'old' stored proc in the upper window and click the Update button.  Now, I think that the source will be the new stored proc (probably verify the database and see if updates to the new fields) but the description for each field will be the {original stored proc.the field} hence the confusing part.
 
Again, I think it works, but I usually opt for the first method just because it is easier on me to maintain, but give it a try, what is the worse you have to a lose, an hour or two to find out if it works and if you like it?  Cut and paste will take longer, especially if there are goodly number of reports.
 
Hope some of this helped
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum