Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: new page break is not working when exporting from Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 4:41pm
new page break is not working when exporting from Crystal report 9 .I have set the below options in crystal report 9 design
paper size is a3 and orientation is landscape. I have created 2 report groups (date and org unit) I want a page break after every new date and after every new org unit. I have already set the new page after in group footer1 and group footer 2.
when i export to excel it doesn't break the page after each group is changed. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 6:19am
I haven't done much exporting, but Excel is not really page oriented, I think that you are wanting a new worksheet after each page break, but Crystal isn't that talented, or I haven't needed to investigate that aspect of an Excel export.
You might want to make a macro that will split the exported report into multiple sheets...it that is even possible.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 10:46am
Also not sure about v9 but in 11 you can go to File > Export >Export options and select the Excel version you want. Select OK. There is an option in the "Excel Format Options" window that opens for "Create page breaks for each page" (which I think is defaulted to False).
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 6:12am
DBlank, you're right, I have seen that, but since my reports run from a viewer, I don't have access to such options, except via code, and none of my customers have desired this feature. I don't believe that is it available in earlier versions, but I don't have access to earlier versions either, so I could be wrong.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum