Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Analyse LogFiles Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 2:13am
Hi,
I am new to this forum as well as I am new to Crystal Reports (I am using Version 11) and currently I'm working on a report which analyses a LogFile - Data Base (Access DB).
The data structure in the data base is something similar to this:
id date_time status device
01 17.03.2009 03:00:00 down 192.168.0.1
02 17.03.2009 03:00:10 down 192.168.0.2
03 17.03.2009 04:01:00 up 192.168.0.2
04 17.03.2009 04:02:00 down 192.168.0.3
05 17.03.2009 04:04:00 up 192.168.0.1
06 17.03.2009 06:00:00 up 192.168.0.3
07 17.03.2009 07:00:30 down 192.168.0.4
08 17.03.2009 07:01:00 down 192.168.0.1
...
So basically it is about up- and down status for different devices in a network where I want to create a monthwise overview about outages.
In my report I want to see all outages grouped together per device. For example like this:
In Access I have created an SQL query which filters out all "down" events and list these in my Report. But I have no clue how to find the corresponding "up" events in order to calculate the down-time etc.
Am I on the completely wrong track here ? I appreciate any of your help very much :-)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum