Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Topic: Formatting Numbers Help Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 2:18pm
Hello,
I have a numeric field for vacation that comes into my CR and I need to add in a decimal place ..
data coming in could be:
4250 --> needs to look like this: 42.50
928 -->needs to look like this : 9.28
I have tried totext() but that is not giving me what I need. I would think this would be a simple thing .. unless I am missing something (and obviousl I am!)..
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 6:26am
You say could be like that...will it always be?
I guess I build a formula. I would check the totext to see if it has a decimal in it, if so, leave it alone, if not, divide by 100. this should work for preformatted values and non formatted, but if 4250 comes in and that is the value you want OR it can come in as 4250 and you want 42.50 or 425, you are going to need an identifier of some sort to know how much to divide by.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum