|
Hi All,
I tried to attach a screenshot to help make up for my inability to
describe the situation I'm dealing with here, but got a "insufficient
privalage" error but I'll try to describe what I want to do here anyway.
I created my first CR report I have three groups within this report that currently use distinct Running
Totals fields that Reset at the group levels that I assigned. I am
attempting to create a single Running Totals field that will reset
depending on which Group is being calculated at the moment so that I
don't have to have a separate Running Totals object for each and every
group. I'm not sure how to do this or write this formula as I'm new to
Crystal Reports and am used to SQL Reporting Services where this
evaluation is automatically done for you (I was spoiled I guess).
For example, if the Running Totals field control is in Group #1, I want
it to reset at Group #1, and Group#2 to reset at Group #2, etc.
So basically I'm attempting to use a formula to create a Reset point that is determined by which group the data
is being calculated in. Is this possible? I realize that it is possible
by simply creating a new running total object for each group, but this
seems completely redundant and overly time consuming for larger reports
where there are multiple groups.
I'm developing the report with Crystal Reports within Visual Studio 2005 if that helps any.
If I could find out how to identify the current group at evaluation time that would help a lot.
Thanks!
|