Thank you DBlank for your quick response.
Well, I am not using any SQL Statement to change. Let me elaborate more on what I am trying to look for.
I have two date parameters ... StartDate and EndDate ... StartDate is never null, but in some cases EndDate can be null ...
I built parameters for both. The user wanted to see the phrase "No End Date" where EndDate is null. For that I created the formula as i posted in my earlier post. But the parameter doesnt bring in the records where End Date is null, so that formula is not being used also. I have something like this in the record selection ...
if {?Parameter1}=0
then (
(DBcolumn2 = {?Parameter2} OR {?Parameter2} = 'ALL') and
({DBcolumn3} = {?Parameter3} OR {?Parameter3} = 'ALL') and
({DBcolumn4}={?Parameter4} OR {?Parameter4}='ALL') and
({DBcolumn5}={?Parameter5} OR {?Parameter5}='ALL') and
({DBcolumn1}in [val1,val2,val3,val4,val5,val6,val7]) AND
({DBcolumn6}={?Parameter6} OR {?Parameter6}='ALL')
AND ({?StartDate}<={DBcolumn7} and {?EndDate}>={DBcolumn8})
)
else
(
(DBcolumn2 = {?Parameter2} OR {?Parameter2} = 'ALL') and
({DBcolumn3} = {?Parameter3} OR {?Parameter3} = 'ALL') and
({DBcolumn4}={?Parameter4} OR {?Parameter4}='ALL') and
({DBcolumn5}={?Parameter5} OR {?Parameter5}='ALL') and
({DBcolumn1}= {?Parameter1}) and
({DBcolumn6}={?Parameter6} OR {?Parameter6}='ALL')
AND ({?StartDate}<={DBcolumn7} and {?EndDate}>={DBcolumn8})
)
I hope I am much clear now. I can explain it again if still not clear.
Thanks again,
Sil.