Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parameter based grouping Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Firedart
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Firedart Replybullet Topic: Parameter based grouping
     Posted: 07 Mar 2009 at 10:21pm
Greetings,
   I am new here and need some quick help. 
   The report I am working on needs to have a group based on a parameter.  I have the parameter setup as an appended select from list prompt.  But when i try to setup the group the parameter is not available...  How do I get the group to setup on the Parameter?  The parameter is based on a record in the table, ReportTable1.MID, and I need to then group several other recrords based on the selected parameter.  Eventually the report will go automated and the parameter will be set based on external actions.
 
Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
thank you in advance!!
 
 
Martin
PDX
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 8:39pm
Use the parameter to define the data in a formula field then group on that formula field
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum