Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Change report structure depending on conditions Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 11:10am
I have to do the following for a job and I'm not even sure if it's possible:
I only have access to a .rpt file, so I can't touch either the VB 6 code that launches the .rpt nor Oracle. Apart from several other problems regarding fields that this job would have, I'm supposed to print a bill with a subreport in case the date of the bill doesn't match a certain date when they change some prices, and to use another subreport with two columns in case the prices change (in one column would appear the part of the bill with the former prices applied and in the other with the new ones). I have been told that it absolutely must be done in the same .rpt, because they print a thousand of them at the same time. Is this possible? If it is, how could I do it?
I must mention that I have to use Crystal Reports 5, although I'm not sure if this is possible even in later versions.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 12:57pm
Never used V5 so I don't know about that part but you can create both report options and conditionally suppress one or the other on the bill date criteria you mentioned. Although given your description the only difference in the 2 sub reports is that one has an extra column if the bill date is => a specific date. You could just conditionally suppress / show those fields based on the date rather than bog the whole thing down by running the report twice...
Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:22pm
I read about supressing, but it doesn't seem to be an option in CR5. I might be mistaken, though. The version with two columns has basically the same structure than the one column version, but each column only takes in account the billing information for the time period with a certain price.
Thanks for answering. I'll have to look into this more, because I don't have a lot of experience with subreports and even less with supressing parts of them.
The report includes other instances of the same subreport that must take into account if the same fields have a different condition, but I guess that might work as another subreport copied from its "parent".
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum