Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: SQL expression Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Topic: SQL expression
     Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 8:55pm
Hi,
 
In crystal reports xi ... I'm trying to use the SQL

Expression Fields from the Field Explorer....tab
..however i am unable to even view the option...
Could anyone please advise? Thanks in advance.
 
John
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 12:46pm
Generally you just have to right click on the "SQL Expression Fields" and select NEW, give it a name and then write your expression in the formula workshop that opens (same as the Formual Fields process).
IP IP Logged
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:09pm
Hi,
I mean I didnt' see the "SQL Expression Fields" in Field Explorer, there was not such an option to choose.
Please advise.
 
JS
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:28pm
Sorry,
Didn't understand. THat is weird, I have never not had it as an option.
Try opening the Formula Workshop and see if it is in there (usually just below the Formula Fields).
Anyone else had this problem?
IP IP Logged
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 2009 at 2:37pm
No, it's not there in the Formula Workshop either; it is weird.
 
JS
IP IP Logged
johnwsun
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 May 2008
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 179
Quote johnwsun Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 4:13pm
Hi.
 
I have resolved the problem. the SQL database that my CR reports connect to has changed in the structure.
when I mapped the old reports to the new databse( all the same connection  details), some functionalities become unavailable.
As a result I have to re-create the report that is the same as the old one.
Then the SQL expression appears :-)
 
thanks,
 
JS
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum