Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Displaying "²" in Crystal Reports 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
oti169
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote oti169 Replybullet Topic: Displaying "²" in Crystal Reports 2008
     Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 5:28pm
Hi,
 
I have a report that shows information about properties. For example, the user might include in the database a comment that includes the fact that the area of the property is 960 m².
 
The "²" gets stored in the database (char code 178), but when CR renders it in the report, it comes out as "ʕ". The character map says that this is character U+0295.
 
So my program shows the right thing, the database shows the right thing, but CR renders it strangely. Any ideas? In an ideal world, it would be rendered the way it I want it to ... but I'm prepared to do nasty formula things if I need to.
 
I'm using CR 2008, on Vista SP1.
 
Thanks for any help.


Edited by oti169 - 25 Feb 2009 at 1:26pm
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 1:35am
Hi
 
Which database are you using,I tried with SQL SERVER 2008 and Crystal Reports 2008 it displays the text properly.
 
Can you let us know the data type is defined for that field also...
 
Cheers
Rahul


Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 26 Feb 2009 at 1:37am
IP IP Logged
oti169
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote oti169 Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 11:41am
The database is PostgreSQL version 8.1. The fields types affected are text or varchar(n). The database encoding is SQL_ASCII.
 
Sorry, I'm off the air for the next 3 days ... just checked email before going away. When I get back, I'll post some "create table" info.
 
Thanks,
Phil.


Edited by oti169 - 26 Feb 2009 at 11:42am
IP IP Logged
oti169
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote oti169 Replybullet Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 6:16pm
Ha! got it. The problem was in the data source. In moving to a newer version of PostgreSQL, I hadn't updated the data source from being common-or-garden variety PostgreSQL which seems to default to Unicode. What I needed was a "PostgreSQL ANSI" data source.
 
All works OK now.
 
Thanks for your help.
 
Phil.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum