Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Topic: Change Data Type Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 1:48pm
I need my subreport to link to my primary report through a field called "WO#". In my primary report, this field is coming from a primary database and is a string data type. In my subreport, the data is coming from a supplemental data sheet (in an excel format) and the data type is a number. Because they are not the same data type, I cannot link them so my subreport shows only the information I need it to.
I have tried formatting the data in excel to text (doesn't work) and I have tried creating a formula that says ToText(Wo# field) and linking through that formula, but that isn't working either.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum