Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Previous Function Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
slackr13
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote slackr13 Replybullet Topic: Previous Function
     Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 11:35am
I am attempting to write a report that shows the results of a quiz.  The quiz is given multiple times.  I want to show only those who have taken the quiz multiple times.  I have worked this piece out through the suppress feature with a formula.  I have them grouped by each person.  Next, I would like to show the difference between the first taking of the quiz to the second, second to third difference, etc...   I used the formula {@totalscore}-previous({@totalscore}) and placed it in the details section next to each score.  It is great for lines two and three, etc..., but it is showing on the first line, the difference between the previous person and this person's first score.  Is there a way to suppress this first detail or to reset this totalscore on each change of person.  Or is there a way to do a running difference.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 1:50pm
Put a suppression formula on the section.  It will look something like this:
 
{table.person} <> previous({table.person})
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
slackr13
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote slackr13 Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 8:09am

Thanks, but that won't work.  I need the detail to print for the first quiz score:  data looks like this

0007854    Barney Rubble 

                                                  60     (5)
                                                  75      15
The (5) is the difference between Barney Rubble and the previous person.  I just need the (5) to be suppressed.  I need to see the first score--the 60.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 8:37am
So, instead of suppressing the section, put a suppression formula on the field that you don't want to show.  Right-click on the difference formula and select "Format Object".  Click on the button to the right of "Suppress" and enter the suppression formula there.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
slackr13
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote slackr13 Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 8:57am
That worked perfectly.  Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum