fields in customer_tbl: ID, fname, lname, address, city, state, zip, phone
Fields in zip200_tbl: zip, state, county, distance
The common field in both tables is "zip"
I know I can link the common fields, but not sure how to set up the IF statement so that any zip codes in customer_tbl that are NOT in zip200_tbl result in "Out of Area". Here's my expected output
fname - lname - address - city - state - zip - mkt
bill - smith - 123 main st. - newton - NY - 44567 - In Area
sue - brown - 234 oak st. - fresno - CA - 99083 - Out of Area
and so on...
remember, some of the zips in the customer_tbl have a 4-digit extension, such as "25607-1234". My Zip200_tbl has the first 5 digits only. I will need to truncate the zips in my customer_tbl so they will match the zips in my Zip200_tbl.