Originally posted by bojan
Hello,
Is it possible to use crystal report file with different database with same structure without the need to customize report for new database. We are migrating to new database and in preparation we use development server. I have to prepare reports during migration that will work at production server the very moment everything is migrated.
As far as I learned so far it is not possible just to change data source (database) and that everything works. We have few development databases and when I change data source I have to change report itself. I hope I explained it well.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Bojan
Well, if you are using the BusObj server datasets, you could do this by creating the same dataset (same name for the foundation, element and view), but saving it to a different BusinessView Manager folder. Then you could go to the report and change the datasource to point to the new dataset.
If you're not using the BusObj server, I don't believe there's anyway you can avoid the problems associated with changing data sources in an existing report.
David