Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Dynamic Charts Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
murraylm
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Feb 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote murraylm Replybullet Topic: Dynamic Charts
     Posted: 06 Feb 2009 at 10:14am
Does anyone know if it's possible to dynamically create charts in crystal reports using C# code?  I'm using VS2005 and Crystal Reports v10 and would like to dynamically create multiple charts (Bar, Line, Gantt) on the same report.   The user can specify up to 3 charts with any combination (2 bar charts + 1 line; all 3 gantt charts, etc)

Edited by murraylm - 06 Feb 2009 at 10:16am
Linda
IP IP Logged
Dan3D
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2009 at 11:28pm
If all else fails, you could do with our CRChart add-in for Crystal Reports.
 
-Dan
 
DISCLAIMER: I work for the company threedgraphics.com, that makes this product. This product costs money.
IP IP Logged
murraylm
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Feb 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote murraylm Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 6:00am
Hi Dan,
 
Thanks for your response.  I looked into the add-in but I wasn't able to see how this tool could help.  Did I miss something?  Does it allow you to create a new charts dynamically?
 
Thanks
Linda
IP IP Logged
Dan3D
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote Dan3D Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 2009 at 10:55am
You can CHANGE the graphtype dynamically with the @GRAPHTYPE macro

http://www.threedgraphics.com/tdg/products/tools/crchart/html_docs/docs/graphtype.htm

@COMBO could also be useful.

I believe you can "hide" or "show" graphs using some CR tricks that I've read about (but don't know offhand). Combined with the ability to dynamically decide what chart these would be, I thought this might give you the power you want.

Feel free to download the free demo and play around. Its easy to uninstall if it doesn't help you.

-Dan

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum