Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: On-demand subreport Caption truncating Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sree_466
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote sree_466 Replybullet Topic: On-demand subreport Caption truncating
     Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 8:54am

Hi..

I have an on-demand subreport in my report. The width of the report is fixed because of other fields in the report. I used a database field to display as a caption for this ondemand subreport. It is showing the caption fine in Crystal XI R2. But when i export the main report to pdf, the caption is not growing. it just shows one line out of the multi line caption.
FYI, i also enable the 'can grow' for this subreport.
 
This is a very important report. I need some urgent help. Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 9:31am
This is very weird.
Seems to not even care if you expand the subreport box to multiple lines and it always truncates at the end of the first line...
May not be elegant but can you add a the database field (or a formula) as the 'text' you want to appear in the PDF and change the report caption to something like "Run Report"?
Like this:
 
section1A - Database field on multiple lines here set to can grow
section1B - ondemand report caption something like "Run Report" here


Edited by DBlank - 04 Feb 2009 at 9:34am
IP IP Logged
sree_466
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote sree_466 Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 12:32pm
Thanks DBlank. I wish i could do that. But that is not possible. The mgmt wants the report like this. This looks like a bug in the crystal itself. I dont know what do now. I will suggest this work around to our team. Thanks. 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2009 at 12:39pm
Good Luck. I would argue the point in the team meeting using the logic that the PDF won't run an  on demand report at all so why not just use the data element itself.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum