Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Running totals from subreports Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 6:19am
Hello,
I am relatively new to crystal and was wondering how I can take a running total from a subreport and combine it with a running total in the primary report that subreport is in. Any formula help would be greatly appreciated!
Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Posted: 01 Feb 2009 at 11:41am
Hi
You will need to create shared variables in a formula in your Subreport and then use those variables in your Main report to get running totals in Main Report,
Also remember to place the subreport before printing running totals details in your main report ,as the variables in your Main Report need to get values from the subreport shared variables.
Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 5:17am
Thank you for replying. I read the help section and do not understand how you can assign a number when the number is based on a running total that changes for each patient. I have never taken a SQL class so if you could give me an example as to how to write a formula that says "take running total from subreport and add it to a running total in the main report" I would really appreciate it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum